SPE 6R140 Proprietary Solenoid Body
With the 6R and other solenoid controlled transmissions, we do not use the terminology “shift kit.” It is not as simple as it used to be where you could change the hole sizes in a separator plate or stiffen up some springs. The new “valve bodies” don’t operate the same way. All fluid paths are controlled by solenoids, meaning almost all shift feel is done through tuning. Why purchase our SPE 6R140 solenoid body? Whether your truck’s stock, highly modified, or you’re a transmission builder and want to know what you’re buying, this is the best 6R140 valve body.
Here are some of the things that we modify to help with our “solenoid” body functionality.
- SPE 6r140 Solenoid body starts from a brand new Ford Solenoid body; no cores are used, to begin with
- We start by adjusting fluid path and volume inside the internal fluid circuits.
- All surfaces are faced for the best fitment.
- Billet plugs are used.
- Each solenoid’s flow volume is measured and calibrated on a bench.
- We install our patented thermoreg control valve that drops the transmission operating temperature by 50 degrees Fahrenheit. This helps with transmission fluid breakdown.
- Each SPE solenoid body comes with a programming card/tag just like it would from Ford; thus, they program the same way, and it can be done at a dealer or with any capable scan tool.
- We back our valve bodies with a one year warranty against any solenoid failure.
SPE highly recommends using our tuning to take advantage of what this solenoid body has to offer.
There are no reviews yet.